St. Joseph Mercy Health System
~~Under the direction of the Vice President, Planning this position provides management support for the development, coordination, and implementation of health system wide strategic and related operational plans and initiatives. This position advances the role of planning across the health system, by leading various planning teams and groups to provide expertise in market assessment, and development of organizational strategies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. In conjunction with the other members of the Strategic Planning Department supports the development of health system, local hospital, service line, and related strategic plans. Develops analyses to support these planning processes. Will develop documents and presentations for use by various management and physician audiences. Make presentations as requested.
2. Under the direction of the Director, Strategic Planning lead strategic and market assessment and planning initiatives including leading necessary teams and work groups, preparing analyses, and developing and presenting documents and reports.
3. Ensures that all SJMHS planning processes and documents are in alignment with Trinity Health plans and processes.
4. Works with finance and other departments to ensure accurate and timely completion of business plans. Interfaces with System Office planning, finance, and other staff to ensure plans meet System Office needs and standards.
5. Supports marketing staff as needed in conducting market and planning research studies, including support in analysis of findings and development of necessary presentations.
6. Organizes, coordinates, communicates and assures that the quality of data gathered and utilized for strategic analysis is accurate and related.
7. Proactively identifies opportunities to address the growth and physician alignment imperatives as detailed in the health system strategic plan.
8. Knows and understands basic requirements and processes associated with Michigan’s Certificate of Need program and participates in problem solving on behalf of SJMHS in conjunction with System Office staff and with MDHHS officials.
9. Recommends SJMHS information needs and external planning and marketing vendor data system requirements. Participates in vendor management once selected, including communication with key internal constituencies regarding these data systems.
10. Ensures completion of external and internal surveys and maintains required databases for these reporting requirements, including coordination of data interfaces with other SJMHS departments and functions.
11. Completes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and values of Trinity Health in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
3. Evaluates work processes on an ongoing basis and makes suggestions for their improvement. Remains open to change and new ways of performing job functions.
4. Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
5. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
6. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
7. Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
8. Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the SJMHS Standards of Performance including SJMHS/Trinity Health Organizational Integrity Program policies and procedures and Standards of Conduct particularly those related to the employee’s job duties. Understands the requirement to disclose any real or potential conflict of interest.
9. Demonstrates an understanding of the systems in place to report Organizational Integrity issues and concerns, including the Four-Step Reporting Process and the Trinity Health Hotline (AlertLine).
~~PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities.
2. Normal office environment
General supervision is received from the Director, Planning for SJMHS.
Full time benefits
~~EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE
1. Must have an advanced knowledge of strategic planning and analysis as normally obtained through completion of a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business or Health Administration
2. Must be proficient in the use of spreadsheet, graphics, mapping and database software with the ability to integrate elements. Experience with specific planning and marketing software applications preferred
3. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Must possess strong analytical skills.
5. Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
6. Must have experience presenting and facilitating groups.
7. Strong project management skills desired.
8. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.